A Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) is a legal tax structure with the sole purpose of providing for your retirement and is regulated by the Australian Taxation Office. It is run by the members for their benefit.
The Australian SMSF sector leads the market share with an investment value of over $520 billion in superannuation assets as published by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) in January 2014. There are more than half a million SMSFs operating in Australia with thousands more being established each year.
SMSFs don't suit every person and we can help you decide if establishing your own fund is the right option for you.
Running a SMSF however is complex and strictly regulated by the ATO. If you decide to take control of your super savings you must understand your legal responsibilities and the types of investments you make. If you are prepared to put in the time and effort into managing your SMSF the benefits can be significant.
A SMSF will allow you:
- Opportunity to invest in a wider range of products including property
- Borrow money from a third party to purchase a single asset (known as a Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangement)
- Increase the flexibility of investment choices and the asset selection
- Provides you with the opportunity to reduce income tax on investment income and capital gains
- Maximum flexibility in relation to the usage of pension streams
- Gives you the ability to own your business' real property (but not operating assets) in the SMSF, which can assist with funding and cash flow problems for many businesses.
At DSR Partners we are superannuation experts and SMSF auditors and can assist in helping reach your financial retirement goals. We are accredited with RG146 in Financial Services as required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) for the provision of personal advice.
Services we offer include:
- Preparation of SMSF financial statements and regulatory tax return
- SMSF Audit
- Assistance with electronic service addresses (ESA)
- Trustee support in relation to lump sum payments and pensions
- Preparation of actuarial certificate and Trustee Minutes
- Advice concerning compliance matters and taxation benefits
- Advice on Employer obligations
With the landscape of superannuation constantly changing you can be assured our specialist staff will provide up-to-date legislation and the guidance and support to help you grow your retirement nest egg.
If you are looking for a trusted SMSF advisor give us a call.
back to what we do